Our Sustainable Economy
Sustainable Economy Task Force (SET Force) & Sustainable Economy Advisory Council (SEAC)
- SET Force is comprised of representatives from various state departments
- SEAC is mostly frontline community, tribal, and business representatives
- SET Force has to update the Economic Development Department’s strategic plan annually through 2027
SB 112 Background
In 2021, the NM Legislature passed Senate Bill 112, that:
- mandates the NM Economic Development Department to draft a strategic plan to diversify the state’s economy beyond dependence on natural resource extraction,
- establishes the Sustainable Economy Task Force (SET Force) – representatives from state agencies,
- establishes the Sustainable Economy Advisory Committee (SEAC) – tribal, business and frontline communities.
SET Force Strategic Planning
Between 2022-2027, SET Force is tasked with submitting updates to the EDD’s “Empower & Collaborate” strategic plan to transition the state away from reliance on natural resource extraction.
SET Force’s strategic plan should provide policies that:
- Promote new statewide jobs to replace oil and gas jobs
- Diversity the state’s tax revenue base
- Support long term economic growth.
- Beginning mid-August – dates TBA
- Monthly September – December – More Information TBA
SET Force and SEAC Meetings:
- Next Sustainable Economy Task Force meeting: August 17 | 9:30 a.m.
- Next Sustainable Economy Advisory Council meeting: August 23 | 3:00 p.m.